COLLEGE OF INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGY
Lucban National High School and Lucban Community College changed its name to Lucban National College on August 30, 1977. Vocational Technology is one of the first to offer courses like Furniture Making, Sheet Metal, Welding and Woodworking. So, when the Lucban National College change into a State College – Southern Luzon Polytechnic College through Batas Pambansa Blg. 145, Vocational Technology was already there but it was put under the supervision of the College of Trade and Industry (School of Business Administration) then College of Engineering (School of Engineering) and limit their course offering into Furniture and Cabinet Making, General Metal Works and Girls’ Vocational Trade and Food and Beverage Technology. At first, there were only a small number of students who enrolled in the aforementioned courses. As enrollment increased, Vocational Technology courses eventually were separated from the College of Engineering and recognized as Institute of Vocational Technology. Ladderized programs in Automotive Technology, Rough Carpentry, Garment Technology, Electrical Technology, Electronics Technology, Mechanical Technology, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology and Welding and Fabrication Technology two (2) and three(3) year courses were offered.
In the Academic Year 1997-1998, the program was upgraded into the ladderized Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology (BSIT), a four-year degree program with specialization in Automotive, Electrical, Electronics, Garment, Mechanical, and Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology. Three- Year ladderized Diploma
courses in Civil, Food and Beverage, Industrial Design, and Welding and Fabrication Technology were also offered. The following Academic Year, 1998-1999, these diploma courses were upgraded and added to the BSIT degree program. Revision of the BSIT program offering was approved by the BOT Resolution No. 308 and 309 s. 2001 with the inclusion of the Computer Technology. The name School of Technology was changed to School of Industrial Technology during the Academic Year 2002-2003.
Republic Act No. 9395 added a new mile stone in the rich history of the Institution. This act converting the Southern Luzon Polytechnic College, its units and satellite campuses into a State University authorizing offering of other degrees/courses that may deemed necessary to carry out its objectives and meet the needs of the province and the region. The university is now known as the Southern Luzon State University.
The SLSU College of Industrial Technology develops and trains the youth in attaining their full potential as human beings and equip them with the needed knowledge, skills, attitudes and values for their growth into a productive and versatile citizen for regional program of development and to be globally competitive.
To be highly relevant, responsive and productive institution, maintaining its role as the center of excellence in technology, research and extension for regional program of industrialization.
The College of Industrial Technology is structured and designed under the following principles:
- Supportive of regional development goals
- Production Oriented
- Flexibility, Economy and Viability
- Research and Extension
- Values Oriented
Develop competent Industrial Technology graduates who are highly responsive to the changing needs of the regional, national and global community and to produce world-class professionals equipped with industrial and technical competencies as potential industry leader and job providers.
- Strengthen the Industrial Technology program consistent with global trends.
- Develop working staff as competent mentors in research, extension and production through advanced studies and other facets of continuing professional education.
- Prepare, train and equip students with appropriate competencies, instructional facilities, materials and equipment and other related applications to industrial technology.
- Develop the manipulative skills and practical abilities in the effective application of technological standards.
- Create a conducive teaching with a sound learning shop atmosphere emphasis to faculty and student’s critical thinking, growth and academic freedom.
- Establish networking experience to industries, GO’s and NGO’s, local and international linkages which could serve to enhance researches, source of new technology program on technology exchange, grants and on-the-job training.
- Continuously integrate spiritual, moral and values formation as aspects of technology development.
- Sustain the development of aesthetic and cultural values as an integral part of every shop disciplines.
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology
- Computer Technology
- Electrical Technology
- Electronics Technology
- Food Technology
- Garment Technology
- Industrial Design Technology
- Mechanical Technology