University President Duties and Responsibilities
The President shall have the following powers and responsibilities, in addition to those normally pertaining to the office of the president of a university, per Batas Pambansa Blg. 145. :
- Serve as the over-all head of the faculty and of the unit or branches of the university
- Supervise all academic as well as business or financial operations of the University.
- Promulgate and enforce general policies affecting any unit of the University, and to take such actions which in his/her judgment are necessary for 1) the protection of property and general interest of the University, students and personnel and 2) the operation of the University as a whole. The President shall relay to the Board all matters relating to the operation and welfare of the University.
- Recommend qualified persons to fill all vacancies and new positions subject to the approval of the Board and make such other arrangements to meet emergencies occurring between meetings of the Board so that the work of the University shall not suffer.
- Institute disciplinary action against any member of the University personnel, faculty and the students whose action adversely affect the general interest of the University.
- Decide appeals in controversies between ranking officials of the University and his/her decision is final and conclusive.
- Grant or deny sabbatical, maternity, vacation and sick leaves, and leaves of absence with or without pay and/or extension of such leaves as well as extension of fellowships or any form of scholarship for a period not exceeding one academic year if the budget permits and for reasons s/he may deem satisfactory.
- Make ad interim appointments.
- Grant or withhold permission to reveal confidential matters or information affecting the University or any unit thereof, as well as any action taken by the Board.
- Grant permission for the use of buildings and premises of the University for academic, professional and scientific conventions, seminars for students, and related activities, and to fix the fee thereof.
- Authorize to join in the execution of all contracts, deeds, and instruments for the proper conduct of business of the University, and to assign the same in its behalf.
- Prepare an annual report on the work of the past year and needs of the current year including a budget with estimates of income and expenditures.
- Such other powers as may be specifically authorized by the Board, and he/she shall have the power to delegate in writing any of the specific functions to any office of the University.