1. SERVICE AREAS. Below are the present service areas of the University Library.
- Office of the Director of Library Services. Administers and supervises the entire library and provides consultation and guidance on the library and information services.
- Technical Services. Responsible for the acquisition and classification of library materials. Upon acquisition, books and other library materials undergo different mechanical and technical processes. They should first be made ready for circulation and use.
- Readers’ Services. Include the following collections/services:
- Reference Services. Include basic reference sources (e.g. dictionaries, encyclopedias, almanacs, yearbooks, handbooks, manuals, guidebooks, atlases, gazetteers, biographical sources, bibliographies, etc.) as well as undergraduate and graduate theses/dissertations.
- Serial Services. Include journals, magazines, newspapers, annual reports, proceedings and other serials. Maintain a self-indexed information file on various subjects clipped from newspapers.
- Circulation Services. Include books which relate and supplement each curriculum offered by the college.
- Reserve Services. Include books for the different courses in great demand. They are single or multi-copies of titles of textbook, books and other library materials. These library materials are not allowed to be borrowed for overnight use but it can be photocopied. These are for room use only.
- Special Materials/Services. Include the following collections/services:
- Filipiniana Section. Includes books about the country by Filipinos or by others in whatever subject or language published in or outside of the country.
- Museum. Include documents about the establishment of the Southern Luzon State University, the annual reports and other publications as well as other related documents. The library also holds a collection of undergraduate’s theses, master’s theses and dissertations.
- Internet Services. This is one of the facilities in which instruction and learning have been more accessible. The internet is basically a large collection of computers and computer networks from all over the world, linked together through telecommunications network. The information contained on all these computers is available mostly for free, though there is sometimes a charge for password-protected premium services. The advantages of online sources are the following: they are accessible across the network, not just in the library; many search strategies are possible and users are not reliant on a single index; searching is faster with online sources than with printed versions; the services are quality controlled; and sources are updated.
- Learning Commons. The Learning Common is located at the First Floor of the University Library. This is usually an academic library that provides the space, technology and services to support learning. These learning spaces include areas for group work, individual study spaces, instructional space, tablet and I-pad corner, longue area, conference and soft-seating areas.
2. Campus Libraries. Campus Libraries have been established because the various campuses are geographically situated far apart each other and have different types of students to cater to.
Monday to Thursday – 7:00am – 6:30 pm
Friday – 7:00am – 6:00 pm
Saturday – 7:00am – 5:00 pm
No Noon Break
Closed on Sundays and Holidays
- To support the university’s graduate and undergraduate programs in its instructional, research and information needs
- To provide resources, facilities and services to the SLSU academic community as a means to achieve the university’s goals and objectives
- To collect library materials in all formats and update all collections to meet the needs of the SLSU programs and support the various aspects of the university: instruction, research and extension
- To develop, enrich and maintain the library collection in terms of the course offered and programs of the college
- To provide current library materials and databases that support the academic curriculum
- To provide access to information resources regardless of location
- To ensure that resources available are current appropriate and accessible 24/7
- To provide access to library resources and servers via online resources, WI-Fi, WebOPAC and virtual classroom
- To extend services to non-SLSU students within the limits of its resources
LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS
The purpose of this is to ensure the well-organized operation of the library, the following rules must be observed:
- All bonafide students should have a registration form and student ID presented to the staff/librarian assigned for activation of the ID. The librarian will sign the registration form for activation of the ID. The student ID is non-transferable.
- Eating, smoking, unnecessary noise, loud conversation and defacing materials, furniture and equipment are strictly prohibited inside the library. Violation of this rule is the discretion of the University Librarian subject to suspension of library privileges.
- Silence should be observed inside the library. Mobile phones shall be on silent mode.
- Any breach of discipline shall be reported to proper authorities for action in accordance with pertinent university rules.
- Violation or infraction of the rules and regulations of the library shall not be excused on plea of ignorance.
- List of New Acquisition CBA - For, RS, GS Books March 25, 2019
- List of New Acquisition Foreign - CBA Books March 21, 2019
- List of New Acquisition - CEN Books March 19, 2019
- List of New Acquisition Foreign - CEN Books February 12, 2019
- List of New Acquisition GS - Education Books February 8, 2019
- List of New Acquisition EDUCATION Books February 6, 2019
- List of New Acquisition CBA - HRM Books February 6, 2019
- List of New Acquisition IT Books January 21, 2019
- List of New Acquisition 2019