The Board of Regents of the Southern Luzon State University announces the opening of the search for SLSU President
NOTICE OF SEARCH FOR PRESIDENT
- Not less than thirty-five (35) years old and not more than sixty-one (61) years at the time of application. Sixty-one (61) years old shall mean from actual date of birth and not a day older beyond 61 years old.
- A natural-born Filipino citizen
- Holder of an earned doctorate degree from a reputable higher education institution
- Proven track record as an administrator (President, Vice-President, Dean, Campus Administrator, Director), preferably in the academe, whether in public or private, for at least five (5) years
- Has no finding of guilt/ conviction in any administrative and/or criminal case
An applicant who does not meet any one of the abovementioned minimum qualifications and cannot submit pertinent supporting documentary evidences for these minimum qualifications on the set deadline shall be disqualified from the Search Process.
- Formal Application Letter addressed to:
HON. LILIAN A. DE LAS LLAGAS
Commission on Higher Education (CHED)
C.P. Garcia, UP Campus
Diliman, Quezon City
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, signed under oath (personal data, educational qualifications, work experience including organizational chart of the institution showing the candidate’s position, research outputs and publications, extension activities, experience in resource generation, awards and certificates, conferences attended)
- Certified true copy of documents in support of the data stated in the Curriculum Vitae. The HR Officer of the organization where the applicant comes from may certify to the authenticity of the documents provided that the original is presented to him/her for comparison.
- Proposed Vision, Mission and Development Goals for the SUC in not more than five (5) pages.
- Certificates/Clearances from the following government agencies, obtained not more than three (3) months from the date of filing of application, indicating that the applicant has not been convicted of any administrative or criminal offense:
2. Civil Service Commission (CSC)
3. National Bureau of Investigation (NBI)
4. Municipal /Regional Trial Court
5. Ombudsman (for government employees)
6. Institution/Company where applicant is presently employed
- PSA (NSO)-authenticated Birth Certificate
- Medical Certificate of Physical Fitness issued by a physician from a DOH- accredited health institution but not the same institution where the applicant is presently employed. Letterhead of hospital or clinic must indicate DOH accreditation number.
- Results of neuro-psychiatric examination conducted by a physician from a DOH-accredited health institution but not the same institution where the applicant is presently employed. Results should be signed by a board-certified neuropsychiatrist. The test results shall also include a statement indicating the purpose for which the test is taken, e.g. “this test was taken in connection with the applicant’s application for the position of President of SLSU.”
The Search Committee reserves the right to verify the results of the examination.
- Duly accomplished CSC Form 212 made under oath
The Search Committee for President reserves the right to validate and verify the authenticity of documents submitted and the right to accept or reject any document that it deems to be questionable.
Important: Interested applicants must submit one (1) set of original and six (6) certified photocopies of the aforementioned documents on or before August 22, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. (Philippine Standard Time) to:
MERELYN G. DELA CRUZ
Office of Commissioner Lilian A. De Las Llagas
Commission on Higher Education
P Garcia Ave., UP Diliman, Quezon City
AURORA L. SUMAGUE
Southern Luzon State University