The Board of Regents of the Southern Luzon State University announces the opening of the search for SLSU President
NOTICE OF SEARCH FOR PRESIDENT
- Not less than thirty-five (35) years old and not more than sixty-one (61) years at the time of application. Sixty-one (61) years old shall mean from actual date of birth and not a day older beyond 61 years old.
- A natural-born Filipino citizen
- Holder of an earned doctorate degree from a reputable higher education institution
- Proven track record as an administrator (President, Vice-President, Dean, Campus Administrator, Director), preferably in the academe, whether in public or private, for at least five (5) years
- Has no finding of guilt/ conviction in any administrative and/or criminal case
An applicant who does not meet any one of the abovementioned minimum qualifications and cannot submit pertinent supporting documentary evidences for these minimum qualifications on the set deadline shall be disqualified from the Search Process.
- Formal Application Letter addressed to:
HON. LILIAN A. DE LAS LLAGAS
Commission on Higher Education (CHED)
C.P. Garcia, UP Campus
Diliman, Quezon City
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, signed under oath (personal data, educational qualifications, work experience including organizational chart of the institution showing the candidate’s position, research outputs and publications, extension activities, experience in resource generation, awards and certificates, conferences attended)
- Certified true copy of documents in support of the data stated in the Curriculum Vitae. The HR Officer of the organization where the applicant comes from may certify to the authenticity of the documents provided that the original is presented to him/her for comparison.
- Proposed Vision, Mission and Development Goals for the SUC in not more than five (5) pages.
- Certificates/Clearances from the following government agencies, obtained not more than three (3) months from the date of filing of application, indicating that the applicant has not been convicted of any administrative or criminal offense:
2. Civil Service Commission (CSC)
3. National Bureau of Investigation (NBI)
4. Municipal /Regional Trial Court
5. Ombudsman (for government employees)
6. Institution/Company where applicant is presently employed
- PSA (NSO)-authenticated Birth Certificate
- Medical Certificate of Physical Fitness issued by a physician from a DOH- accredited health institution but not the same institution where the applicant is presently employed. Letterhead of hospital or clinic must indicate DOH accreditation number.
- Results of neuro-psychiatric examination conducted by a physician from a DOH-accredited health institution but not the same institution where the applicant is presently employed. Results should be signed by a board-certified neuropsychiatrist. The test results shall also include a statement indicating the purpose for which the test is taken, e.g. “this test was taken in connection with the applicant’s application for the position of President of SLSU.”
The Search Committee reserves the right to verify the results of the examination.
- Duly accomplished CSC Form 212 made under oath
The Search Committee for President reserves the right to validate and verify the authenticity of documents submitted and the right to accept or reject any document that it deems to be questionable.
Important: Interested applicants must submit one (1) set of original and six (6) certified photocopies of the aforementioned documents on or before August 22, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. (Philippine Standard Time) to:
MERELYN G. DELA CRUZ
Office of Commissioner Lilian A. De Las Llagas
Commission on Higher Education
P Garcia Ave., UP Diliman, Quezon City
AURORA L. SUMAGUE
Southern Luzon State University
Slsu Female Dormitory
Location: Beside SLSU Gymnasium, SLSU, Brgy Kulapi Lucban, Quezon.
Accommodation: A 15 rooms dormitory where each room can accommodate 2 persons and has its own bathroom.
Advantages: It is inside the campus where security guards are roving every night for security.
A place where student can focus more on her studies due to quiet surrounding.
There will be no transportation cost for the student is within the campus.
Location: Beside SLSU, Brgy Kulapi Lucban, Quezon.
Accommodation: The Hotel offers 10 rooms including 5 Deluxe Rooms, 3 Super Deluxe Rooms, and 2 Family Suite Rooms.
Deluxe Rooms: 1 Queen Size Bed (good for 2 persons)
1 toilet and Bath
SLSU Field View
Super Deluxe Rooms: 2 Bedrooms w/ single size bed in each room(good for 2 persons)
with Receiving Area
with Kitchen facilities
1 Toilet and Bath
Quezon Avenue View
Family Suite: 3 Bedrooms (good for 5 persons)
- one Twin Size Bed
- two Queen Size Bed
with Receiving Area
with Kitchen facilities
2 Toilet and Bath
SLSU Field View
- Each guest room is fully air conditioned and equipped with cable TV, hot and cold shower with personal refrigerator.
NEED A JOB?
The Career and Job Placement Office of Southern Luzon State University offers different comprehensive and strategic services aligned to CMO No. 9, Series of 2013 and AACCUP criteria under the Parameter of Student Welfare to assist undergrad and graduating students with the difficult task of starting their careers.
Career Symposium Program
Providing the undergrad students and graduating students with the awareness of present career opportunities available to them and allows them to have insights from the resources/guest speakers about the career planning, career developments/career mapping.
Job Fair Program
Inviting Companies representing various industries to participate in an interactive meeting with the SLSU students who will be having their OJT, graduating students and alumni for job application, selection and recruitment.
Establishing active linkages with different institutions, communities, alumni, and other relevant agencies to ensure that our graduates meet industry demands.
Promoting mutually supportive industry-academe collaboration/linkages and strengthening career guidance.
Career Information Program
Assisting students and graduates in building their careers by providing up-to-date information about job openings/OJT postings, career information and continuous education programs. Linking the official FB page of Career and Job Placement with the University’s Official Webpage.
Creating directory and/or database of our Graduates, OJT Partners and Industry Partners for tracer study, increase the employability, easy monitoring and updating of its records.
Providing individualized counseling for personal, career, transfer, and all academic matters with an emphasis on career counseling.
Monitoring and Evaluation of the Career and Program Placement Program
Providing a monitoring and evaluation of its program through surveys, interviews, and feedback forms.
Continuous Professional Development
Keeping abreast with the current trends, issues and demands in the workforce.
HOW TO GET POSTED?
There are four ways for you to get updated with the latest job postings:
Under the University Website, browse the "Student Services Category" then click the "SLSU Career and Job Placement" option.
Visit us at SLSU Main Campus, 2nd floor CABHA Building
Listed below is the official schedule of enrollment
(1st Semester A.Y. 2019-2020)
For incoming freshmen:
|A-H||July 8, 2019|
|I-R||July 9, 2019|
|S-Z||July 10, 2019|
Note: For enrollees under the College of Allied Medicine(BSN, RadTech, Midwifery), the official schedule is as follows:
|A-N||July 8, 2019|
|O-Z||July 10, 2019|
For 2nd Year : July 29-30, 2019
For 4th Year, 5th Year & Irregular students : July 31, 2019
For Satellite Campuses : Enrollment in the satellite campuses shall be announced later
*For strict compliance, please enroll on time to avoid inconvenience.
FY 2019 GAA finally OKs P175M for Catanauan Campus development
General Appropriations Act (GAA) for 2019 includes budget for SLSU Catanuan-Extension Campus amounting to total of P175,066,000.
Quezon Province 3rd District Representative Honorable Danilo E. Suarez and Quezon Province Governor David C. Suarez exerted their full efforts to push for the inclusion in the 2019 budget the projects for development of Catanauan extension into a full-pledged campus. As a result, the approved GAA includes site development and infrastructure projects such as School Administration Building, Computer Laboratory, Library Building, School Gymnasium and Track and Field facilities.
More so, budgetary requirement of P15.5 million for the creation of teaching and non-teaching plantilla positions was also included to fill the basic workforce requirement of the campus.
The congressional and provincial initiatives consistently being extended to SLSU became very instrumental in the offshoot of the development of an extension class in to a full campus in Catanauan – thus providing better access to quality tertiary education for the students of the 3rd District of Quezon and its nearby municipalities.
This is the official result of SLSU Entrance Examination for A.Y. 2019 – 2020.
(Please take note of the applicant’s examinee number on viewing the lists.)
List of qualified applicants:
List of qualified applicants which were not accommodated to their prioritized curricular programs who are given the chance to select other curricular programs with available slots to report on: