VP-AFA Duties and Responsibilities
The VP- AFA shall have the following non-exclusive duties and responsibilities:
- Implement laws, university policies, rules and regulations, plans and programs pertaining to administrative and financial affairs.
- Plan, organize, direct and control the efficient and effective use of human and financial resources.
- Prepare and submit budgetary proposal of the University, and recommend disbursement of funds pursuant to approved financial work plans.
- Recommend disciplinary action over erring support personnel in accordance with the Civil Service Laws, and office rules and regulations.
- Recommend approval of requisitions of Deans, Directors and other Heads of Units for procurement of materials, supplies and tools and equipment as well as books and periodicals and other items needed, in accordance with the approved supply requisition or procurement programs.
- Recommend approval of request for overtime services under the existing laws.
- Coordinate with different colleges, services and offices of the University in financial programming and utilization of resources.
- Issue travel order authorizing non-teaching staff under him to travel on official business within the country for a period of not exceeding three (3) weeks.
- Promote smooth interpersonal relations and productive work experience in the University particularly among personnel directly under him.
- Act on routine administrative and supervisory activities of the Administrative and Financial Affairs Office.
- Perform such other duties and responsibilities analogous, germane, or related to and/or implied from the above enumeration of duties and responsibilities.